In the past 50 years ADC has grown into a leading wholesaler of antique, reproduction and modern furniture. There is also an exciting range of decorative objects. There is also a weekly supply of unique objects. ADC sells both to retailers and consumers.
We have a showroom of 15,000 m2 and would like space for upcoming design talent. The 10 designers win an exhibition area of 50 m2 and that for three months free. But there’s more! These ten designers will be mentioned in the promotional campaigns of ADC, including a Grand Opening which owners of residential stores are invited.
The aim of this campaign is promising talent with a ambition to boost business. The objects exhibited are to be sold and the proceeds go to the designer. ADC believes that talent should be given a chance to show what it can do.
What does it take?
To apply you must register first at www.adcmeubelen.nl/. For registration send some photographs of your items. Your design will be posted on-line and promoted through our newsletter and other media. Visitors to the website can vote for designs they find it worthwhile. These votes count for 50% of the final result. The remaining 50% of the votes cast by members of the jury. The 10 candidates with the most votes are invited to exhibit in ADC.
Registration will close on January 1, 2012. The exhibition of the Awesome Designers Competition opens on 20 February 2012. Before your register, please read the conditions of the competition below.
Why does ADC organize a designers competition?
In the 50 years of its existence ADC knows innovation and new ideas are essential for the interior market. The company has established a strong network in techniques to produce furniture. ADC Meubelen designed and developed for their rustic design a custom made antique color.
The company is now looking for new ideas from designers who just started as a designer and have a healthy ambition. An object does not necessarily has be a hit so that it can be produced in large quantities, unique objects and even conceptual work are welcome. “The core of the ADC’s collection can be labelled as ‘character’,” says Peter Guntlisbergen, director of ADC. “What you see nowadays is that the interior sector offers primarily popular furniture pieces, which is unfortunate. Living rooms are looking more alike and that can’t be the intention, in my opinion. Many people do not know that an unique object brings more character to a living room and it doesn’t necessarily have to be expensive.
With this competition, I challenge every designer to bring their ideas forward and show what they are capable of.”
- Designers can register on the website www.adcmeubelen.nl and one or more designs to offer. There are no specific conditions attached to the object itself. So all interior items may be submitted.
- The designer sends pictures and descriptions, technical and on the design itself, of the object.
- The Designer agrees that his designs are included in the online competition and introduces himself and the objects available for the exhibition in February 2011.
- Each object is separately stated on the website and any object can be voted for through social media.
- Registration until 31 December 2011 and the competition starts on January 1, 2011 and lasts until January 29, 2012.
- Website visitors can vote for the design that appeals most to them. These votes count for 50% in the final result.
- A jury evaluates the design and the story that goes with it. Their votes count for 50% as well.
- On January 30, 2012, the winners will be announced.
- Each winner agrees that the objects and pictures of them may be used in promotional campaigns of ADC, including advertising, newsletters and the like.
- The winners will be invited to set up their exhibition space in the ADC Eindhoven showroom at the Hoefstraat 39 of February 1 to February 15, 2012.
- The exhibition will open on Monday, February 20 and will last until May 18, 2012.
- The proceeds of any object that is sold during the exhibition will fully benefit from the designer.